About The Group
The Guildford College Group is the largest provider of general Further and Higher Education in Surrey.
- Guildford College
- Merrist Wood College
- Farnham Sixth Form College
- Services to Business
- Guildford College Group International Centre
Enrolling around 7,000 students every year, the Guildford College Group is the largest Further and Higher Education College in Surrey.
Just over a third of our learners study full-time courses with the majority aged between 16 and 18 years old. The Colleges offer a broad curriculum, within all 15 sector skills areas, from Entry Level to Degrees. The majority of part-time students are adults, who benefit from our flexible course delivery.
Our Vision is to be recognised as an excellent College leading change and innovation in the world of education and skills.
To inspire and enable learners, employers and the communities we serve to be successful, achieve their ambitions and rise to new challenges.
Students, Staff and the Board of Governors have an agreed set of Corporate Values which are designed to characterise the desired work climate and interpersonal attitudes at the College and to guide the development of College policies and behaviours. These are:
- Integrity - being honest and open, professional and reliable.
- Respect for others - for all who work and study here, for individual opinions and differences, for the environment and local community.
- Quality - of our customer service, the experience of our learners, staff and the college environment.
- Being Responsive - to our customers’ needs, changing external factors, managing change and adapting to circumstances.
- Being Bold - having the courage of our convictions to stand up for what we believe is right, to champion those who come to us for support; not being afraid to abandon the easy path and lead the way.
- Caring - keeping the College, its staff and students safe.
- Equality and Diversity – actively promoting equality and celebrating diversity.